Spring is here!

Let’s face it, I’m terrible at blogging (or at least blogging consistently? Be nice!). The old excuse is that I’ve been seriously busy and this is just a hobby, but I also keep having a mini crisis every time I visit my blog because I don’t think it has much direction – it’s not a lifestyle, student or any other “type” of blog, it’s just a mishmash of bits and pieces. I guess that keeps things interesting? (Haha.)

I've actually got a couple of posts lined up but I wanted to start with a bit of a life update as it’s been a while! My last update was about passing my driving test and that was months ago. I haven’t been able to have a proper drive since passing because it was unreasonably expensive to add me onto our policy as a full-license holder for just six months, so I’m waiting until June when we renew the insurance. I did a bit of parking on my parents’ drive a few weeks ago which isn't the easiest thing to do – it nearly went horribly wrong when I went forward instead of backwards near a ledge – but other than that it went surprisingly well!

My mum is currently in the process of converting our old shed into a small animal rescue centre. Alex & I popped back last weekend to help out, which involved a lot of pretending I was strong enough to help push a shed and getting covered in paint. It was quite fun and since the painting has been finished it’s looking great! Over Easter, Alex & I have also been quite busy catching up with friends, celebrating a birthday and having some amazing meals. Now that the weather’s improving I think we’ll start doing our ‘Date Sundays’ again – I see a lot of walks in my near future!

Other than that, I’ve just been catching up on all of my university work. I’m coming up to the end of my second year now and it’s a bit surreal to think that this time next year I’ll be finishing my degree, not just the year. I’m a bit worried about my dissertation at the moment but I just need to get on with finding a supervisor – and thinking of a topic would help too! Before I panic about that though, I have exams to deal with. University has basically just been a source of stress these past few months but I know it’ll all be worth it.

I have a feeling I’m missing something but I’ll leave it there for now - I’ll see you shortly for some playlists, recipes and app-orientated goodness. Take care!

Comments

Popular Posts