Recipe: chorizo jambalaya

This has to be one of my favourite things to cook. It's so easy, quick, and only needs a few staple ingredients. Here's what you'll need (serves 4):

1 tbsp vegetable oil
350ml chicken stock
1 tbsp paprika
2 chicken breasts, chopped
1 onion, diced
2 garlic cloves, crushed
250g long grain rice
1 red pepper, thinly sliced
75g chorizo, sliced
400g can chopped tomatoes

1. Heat the oil in a large frying pan, add the chicken and fry until cooked, then remove from the pan (I normally just tip it into a bowl)
2. Add the onion to the pan and cook until soft, then add the garlic, chorizo, red pepper, and paprika - cook for a further five minutes
3. Add the rest of the ingredients to the pan: the chicken, rice, chopped tomatoes, and chicken stock. Simmer for 20 minutes, or until the rice has cooked

And that's it! Unfortunately I forgot to take photos of the completed dish because I was far too hungry to think about blogging, but the next time I make it I'll add in a picture then!

Comments

Popular Posts