Four apps that I've been loving recently

For the sake of clarity I should point out that I have an iPhone, so I'm not sure if these will also be available on android or windows devices. I use my phone a lot - far too much than I should - but it's all too easy to become reliant when there are apps for your every possible need. Games aside, here are some of the apps I've been using recently:

Sunrise (free)                                                          Heyday (free)

These two apps are similar in the sense that they both record events, but they serve different purposes. The first, Sunrise, is a calendar which can be linked to various other platforms such as your Facebook and Google account to store your events in a much more user friendly way than Apple's own calendar. There are some really handy features which make this particular calendar app stand out to me such as being able to add your contacts to events and having your friends' birthdays clearly displayed. Heyday is more passive, gathering data such as any photos taken on a particular day and your location to put together a collage of what you've been up to. After I'd downloaded the app it was able to give me information about what I'd been doing on previous days, which is actually quite alarming if you think about it, but I've decided to embrace the fact that my phone can keep tabs on me!

Coffitivity (free)                                                    VSCO cam (free)

If you work well in coffee shops and want to replicate the experience at home then I'd look into coffitivity. There are three settings to choose from (morning murmur, lunchtime lounge and university undertones), and you could also add your own music into the mix if you wanted to. I actually prefer working at home but sometimes it can get a little too quiet for comfort, so this app just helps to create the right amount of background noise to keep me focused. Finally, there's VSCO cam - I've mentioned it before on this blog but it's just so good! The filters enable me to pretend that I'm good at photography which is always nice.

So those are my apps of the moment - if you fancy leaving a comment, let me know what your favourite app is!

Comments

Popular Posts