A lot has happened recently. Mostly things have been really busy, but also quite emotional too. I have a bit of extra time over Christmas so I might end up writing a few more blog posts, but I wouldn't feel right to gloss over something like this especially as I do talk about my life quite a lot on here. I'll try to keep it short and sweet as it's not going to be easy to write about.

About a month ago, my grandma passed away. She had been ill for a long time with a variety of problems and unfortunately this meant that her medications were often working against each other. She held on for a long time, but in the end it must have been her time to go. No one that close to me has ever passed away and it was a lot to deal with - it still is - but I find peace in knowing that she's not in pain anymore.

My grandma was a real driving force behind my love of art today. When my sister and I were young we often spent the weekends with her and she would introduce us to all kinds of crafts. In fact, she's done that all my life, as she always had some new craft magazine to show us all whenever she came round. She encouraged me in everything to knitting to painting, and from where I'm sat at the moment, I don't have to look far to find memories - there's a bauble hanging on my Christmas tree which I made with her years and years ago. Although I don't paint very often anymore, I'm currently planning on creating a landscape in her memory.

I'm not really sure how to end this post other than to say thanks for reading if you did, and hopefully I'll be back to reporting happier times soon.

Comments

Popular Posts