top six albums

I've been getting more and more into albums lately. I have about 800+ songs on my phone, and while that isn't a lot for some people, it's still a big pain trying to find a song you want to listen to on shuffle! Sometimes an album can suit the mood better than a mismatched playlist can, for example I could definitely imagine driving along with some Passenger playing in the background (Alex wouldn't be too thrilled about this, apparently most of my music sounds like Mumford & Sons). Actually, speaking of Mumford & Sons I should give a little honorary mention before showing off the other six albums because Babel basically carried me through my second year at uni. I still love it but I may have overplayed the entire album to the point where I need a little break to be able to appreciate it again.

Watsky is probably the odd one out in my list - he might not be to everyone's taste but Alex & I think he's brilliant. I recommend playing Ugly Faces quite loudly in the car, singing along, and feeling a bit less cool than your average motorist. Just do it. Trust me.






The National - Trouble Will Find Me   /   Passenger - All the Little Lights
Alt-J - An Awesome Wave   /   City and Colour - The Hurry and the Harm
Watsky - Cardboard Castles   /   Fall Out Boy - Save Rock and Roll

To give you an idea of each album, here are a couple of my favourites from each:

Comments

Popular Posts