Birthday in Scotland

This time last week, I turned 19! For my birthday this year, Alex took me to Scotland. I'd never been before and couldn't wait to soak up the sights across the Borders.


We tried to fit in as much as humanly possible in one day, starting with a visit to Grey Mares Tail. Although it isn't too clear from the photos you can walk along the hill to get to the top of the waterfall - well, I say walk - it's more like a climb as it's so steep. However, it was definitely worth it. The views around the waterfall are beautiful!

Alex insisted that I try haggis while we were away but luckily I was spared; instead I tried a bit of deep-fried pizza, which doesn't taste as wrong as it sounds although to be honest it did taste a bit like a heart-attack in a box!

Later, we went to see Alex's childhood home and the town he used to live in. It was quite surreal for me because I've heard so much about those streets, houses, and places he used to go - they've been described to me so many times, it was strange to actually be there in person!

On our travels we visited Scott's View and the Wallace Monument. Scott's View is where the famous Scottish poet Sir Walter Scott gathered inspiration, and it really isn't hard to see why with a view like this:


There's something about the Scottish landscape that is so amazing. While I love the English countryside, it's just not the same!

All in all, I loved our little getaway and I can't wait to go back.

Comments

  1. Looks amazing! I'm off to scotland with my boyfriend for a few days in september and can't wait! hope you had a lovely time :) x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts