Driving & food talk

Anyone who knows me will probably know that I recently started learning how to drive. I do natter on about it a lot, but then I'm really enjoying it - well most of the time at least, when I'm not too busy being scared out of my mind. I'm a bit of a nervous driver. I panic far too easily, I try to rush the most simple things, and I've been known to quite happily sit at a junction for about five minutes waiting for a gap that I'm happy with. That said, I'm not doing too badly and hopefully the nerves will slide away with experience.

Another thing I've been getting into recently is cooking. I'm not the best at it, but since moving I've improved dramatically and most of the time I actually quite enjoy putting meals together and experimenting with recipes. I do the majority of the cooking, and when we first moved in together Alex would tease me sometimes and say that it was because I needed the practice - I wasn't completely useless, but I did have a tendency to somehow burn boiling potatoes or clumsily drop food all over the place. I think being able to cook is an important skill to have in life and hopefully one day I'll pick it up a lot better, but for now I'm happy with how far I've come!

Comments

Popular Posts