Shock update: I'm enjoying warm weather!


Update on the April update...I got the job! I'm now working in a new Tesco concept store. I was a bit apprehensive before starting because I didn't get any of the positions that I originally applied for, so the one I was offered was a bit of a curveball, but now that I know the job I can happily say that I'm glad I didn't get placed elsewhere. I think my job is one of the most fun places to work in the whole company! It feels great to be earning money that I've worked hard for and can call my own. I feel much more independent now, and I like being able to treat my parents after all they've done for me.


Not long after starting my job, we went to Scotland for a long weekend to celebrate Alex's aunty's wedding. I don't have any photos from the wedding itself because they're all on Alex's camera at the moment, but I do have this picture from Scot's view!


I've spent more time in the upper end of Lincoln over the last few weeks because one of our friends came to visit for the day and quite frankly the 'older' side of Lincoln is much more beautiful than the rest of the city to show off. I love all of the little 'hidden away' shops like this sweet shop, which was a really unhealthy follow-up to afternoon tea!


We popped back to see family not long ago to see the play my mum and dad were in and also for my mum's birthday. One of the drawbacks of working means that I seem to have to miss all of the important days despite only being part-time, but we celebrated a little early instead to make up for it :-)


Alex and I only get one day off together a week now, so naturally we've been making the most of it! Today we went to the beach which was really lovely, even if it wasn't as sunny as we'd hoped! Now that the weather's been warming up I've spent as much time as possible outside in the garden. One of my favourite things to do is to have my morning cuppa and breakfast outside, or to just relax for a while with a book. There have been many plus sides to moving but not having to be stuck in a living room that tries to boil you alive as soon as the sun threatens to shine is definitely one of the biggest ones.

Comments

Popular Posts