Catching up

I love my dog for letting me do stuff like this.

  • July has been a month of achievements so far and we're only a little way through! On the 2nd I found out my results for the second year - I had a couple of 1st's, one 2:2, but mostly everything was a high 2:1! I couldn't be happier with that after those hellish exam weeks. I'm so proud of my stats results - to say it was my one of my worst, most hated modules in the first year (something to do with the fact that I can't do maths for toffee), it's pretty great for it to become my best module this year.
  • My sister won quite a few awards when showcasing a horse called Missy at her college's annual pet show - notably she was awarded the best in show!
  • Alex found his mum's band's last remaining cassette, 'If You're Driving Home', recorded in 1993. The band also included her sisters Sharon and Shirley, and Alex's dad. If you want to have a listen, he created a digital copy of the songs which are accessible here -> Cadillac
  • This morning I had my first little drive in the car alone after dropping Alex off at work. I *may* have gotten a little lost on the way back (naturally I'd get lost on the route I'm most familiar with in Lincoln) but after pulling over and sorting out the satnav I was back on track. I had to go down the piddliest little side street you can imagine which was at times only wide enough for one car, but it was okay. I wasn't worried, Pippin was on my side, and before I knew it I was home. Being on my own was amazing because I felt like I didn't have to prove my worth as a driver - I could just get on with it. I'm still not confident enough to do bigger journeys but I'm getting there!
  • At the moment we're slowly getting prepared for our holiday which isn't far away now at all. During the first week we'll be in Cornwall with Alex's family, and for the second we'll be at home with mine. I'm really looking forward to it - we're borrowing a couple of cameras from a friend so we can take lots of photos!
  • As a side note, is anyone else melting with the weather we've had lately? I know that 30°C is nothing compared to what some countries have to deal with but I'm not acclimatised to it at all! I turn into a burnt, lazy, ice-cream eating puddle in the summer. 19-22°C is a much more comfortable temperature for me . . . maybe I should just move to Scotland?

Comments

Popular Posts