Life changes

I'm the terrified-looking one with the headband.
Whenever I hear about the things my childhood friends are getting up to, I always have to stop and think for a moment. In my head they've never aged past the last year of secondary school, so it's hard for me to imagine them driving, getting fancy jobs, moving out, having kids, getting married - these are all things that were once a million years in the future to me (a time when anyone even a year younger than you was classified as "like 12"). It's still hard to believe that at 19 I'm almost completely independent and an adult in my own right. I'm not quite ready to progress as far as some of my peers have (probably need to get my own life together before I can be responsible for another, for example) but I think it's really exciting to be moving on from the "awkward teenager" phase into the "oh crap my life is really starting" phase. The future is going to be pretty amazing.

Comments

Popular Posts