top 6 apps


It’s a bit embarrassing how addicted I am to my phone. I could quite happily sit with it for hours on end without getting bored – not by chatting and using it as an actual phone, god no, by playing on apps of course! Here are my top two favourites for utilities, games and entertainment:

Utilities


Evernote is a file-sharing/organisational tool. Once you have an account you can sync your documents across your online account, phone, desktop or any kind of Evernote device that you’re logged into. I mainly use this for university work so I have a notebook for each of my modules; I include things like typed up lecture notes and slides, downloaded articles to read and recommended reading lists, but you can use it for so many things (recipes, home décor inspiration, lists, anything!) Price: Free

The next utility app is CARROT, an occasionally abusive to-do list. You can level up and gain rewards by completing tasks, for example when you reach a certain level you can set reminders - but don’t stay idle for too long or you’ll make CARROT angry! Once you’ve been inactive for a certain amount of time, the app starts sending you passive aggressive notifications and it’ll take completing a few tasks to make it happy again. It provides you with a few incentives to keep going and just makes to-do lists a bit more fun. Price: £0.69

Games


Although I haven’t been playing as much lately, Hay Day is still an old favourite of mine. It’s a deceptively addictive farming game! At the moment, Candy Crush is my main procrastination aid – it’s your average match-three-colours game with a twist. I honestly don’t know why I play it because it can be frustratingly difficult, but I suppose that’s the challenge! Price (both): Free

Entertainment



Have you ever wanted someone to sneer at your music choices and recommend bands they enjoyed before they were cool? Pocket Hipster is for you. She’ll scan your music library and recommend some alternatives. The best part of this app are her walk-on speeches – Alex thinks it’s hilarious. Price: Free

The second app is Bokeh Lens, which lets you create a mask around an image and blur the rest. My demonstration probably isn’t the clearest example but it can be really effective and turn average photos into something pretty interesting. Arguably a utility, but I probably use this more to mess around with photos on my camera roll so the entertainment value is there for me! Price: £0.69

So that's it, I hope this was interesting for some of you - bye for now!

Comments

Popular Posts