Halloween

Last night we made dinner for a couple of friends and watched three of the paranormal activity films. I'm such a wuss when it comes to watching scary films - I spent most of the time looking at a cushion rather than the tv - but it was a great night nonetheless! For dinner I made lasagne with cheesy garlic bread, and as the latter turned out surprisingly well I thought I'd share the recipe! Unfortunately I didn't take any photos (I was in a bit of a flap trying to organise everything) but just image pure deliciousness on a plate.

The bread:
I used one of the yeast sachet's from Hovis to make a baguette-shaped loaf and baked it for half an hour. More in-depth instructions can be found here online. When the bread was fresh out of the oven we cut it into thin slices to prepare for the next step...

The garlic butter:
Crush 2-3 garlic cloves depending on how much bread you have and mix with butter to taste. Finely chop a couple of basil leaves and mix the whole thing well. Spread away!

The cheese:
Tear off small chunks of mozzerella and sprinkle parmesan over the top. Bake for about 5 minutes or until the cheese has melted.

Very simple, but very tasty. Enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts