Weekly jumble


by hildagrahnat, via swall0wedbythesea

  • After Scotland, we went camping in the Peak District for a few days with Alex's family. Let's just say that I'm not too eager to go again any time soon! It rained. And rained. And rained. Two tents leaked; we were quite lucky with ours, but we still ended up cold and damp. We gave up on the second day, packed up in torrential rain and headed home to have a hot bath.
  • I went for a meal with my friends for my birthday. It was nice to see them all again! It was also the first time that I hadn't been asked for ID when ordering a glass of wine - maybe I'm finally starting to look my age?
  • That night Alex & I headed back home for the first time in a week, only to discover that I'd accidentally left the kitchen light on. Our wardrobe then collapsed the next day. But it's good to be home!
  • I'm venturing into the world of adventurous cooking. Every now and then, I come up with some sort of concoction. Sometimes they're successful - mostly not, but Alex braves through them all. Bless him.
  • I really don't feel like my driving's going too well at the moment. It could be because of all the breaks I've had recently so hopefully having regular lessons again will help me to get back into the swing of things but I keep making stupid mistakes. Clutch control and braking can be a problem because I have completely ungraceful elephant feet that stomp at the pedals. I still get nervous - to be honest right now I feel like I could have all the skill in the world but I'd still be a danger because of my lack of confidence behind the wheel. I can't say that it's "still early days" with lessons at this point either...however, I'm too stubborn to give up so we'll just have to see how it goes.
  • I'm still reading A Song of Ice and Fire. I'm currently on volume three part two but I'm kicking myself for not just ordering the entire set online as it would've been a bit kinder on my bank account! Ah well. It's worth it.
  • Lastly, some songs for you to have a listen to if you're looking for something new. I tried to make a playlist but finding a decent website to create one turned into a bit of a wild goose chase, so instead I'll leave you with a list!
ALB - Golden Chains
Train - Save Me, San Francisco
The Pigeon Detectives - Romantic Type
Neon Trees - Everybody Talks
The XX - Angels
Is Tropical - Clouds
Fun - All Alone
Fun - Some Nights
The Vaccines - Teenage Icon
The Album Leaf - Window

Comments

  1. Keep going with the driving! you'll get there! i learnt before i left sixth form but can see from my friends it much harder to learn with allthe breaks with uni and holidays and stuff! you'll definitely get there! my driving and confidence improved loads when i switched instructor so if you're not 100% happy with yours i'd try that :D

    definitely going to listen to some of those songs! the only one i know is pigeon detectives!

    I like this type of post! you should do more :) x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts